By Lorri Ooley
During the most recent regular meeting for the Truth or Consequences Municipal School District Board of Education, held Thursday, Sept. 11, several key items were discussed, which resulted in action of the board, in addition receiving regular staff reports.
The school board approved the establishment of a contract with Sentinel K-9 for onsite substance awareness and detection services. This contract will cover the school year, from September 2014 to June 2015. At the most resent detection search, it was reported to the board that the K-9s detected and located “bong water” and several e-cigarettes, all of which were confiscated.
After discussion at length the qualifications of one of the contract recipients, the school board unanimously moved to award several subcontracts to three photographers for the 2014-‘15 school year. Ben Franklin Photography was contracted to provide services to both Hot Springs High School and Sierra Elementary Complex/Truth or Consequences Elementary School. Contractual services for Truth or Consequences Middle School was awarded to Life Touch Photography. Cristal Jones was contracted for Arrey Elementary.
The school board also unanimously approved a lump of donations received, which were all given expressed gratitude for, in no particular order:
- Randy Ashbaugh donated two recycling bins, estimated to value $200, to Truth or Consequences Middle School Renaissance, who will be overseeing the collection and recycling.
- Corina, Pamela, Bobby and Jenny Chavez donated $420 to Hot Springs High School baseball program.
- Truth or Consequences Rotary Club donated $225 to Truth or Consequences Middle School Renaissance.
- Veteran of Foreign Wars Post 3317 donated school supplies to Truth or Consequences Schools, valuing $150.
- To read the rest of this article, contact us at 575/894-2143 or at email@example.com for an e-subscription.